Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm always thinking of scrapbook pages

that I can do. I often lay in bed at night thinking up ideas. Hmm and I thought lip gloss was an addiction! Well, I've been trying to do more pages on Bill and I. Who is Michelle, what am I all about. What are my like and dislikes. Bill also.
I took a picture of my coffee machine, my toast and the peanut butter and jam jar. My morning ritual. I'm going to do a page on it.
I found a picture that was taken of me when I went to Cuba with 3 girls that I worked with in a salon downtown. In the picture I'm tanned, looking relaxed sitting in a Piano Bar at the resort and of course holding a glass of wine and feeling fine. I scrapped it.
I scrapped a couple of my baby pictures also and was able to use PINK!!!
I figure that the whole reason I'm doing these scrapbooks (besides the selfish pure joy I get out of doing them!!) is so that the boys can see who we were as PEOPLE not just 'mom and dad.' What we enjoyed. What our life was like. And our grandchildren and great-grandchildren. (well as of now Drew thinks girls are GROSSSSS and kissing is DISGUSTING!!!!)
Will seeing a pot of coffee and toast be mind blowing? No, but it might bring a smile to the boys and that's why I do it.
They already love to sit on the living room floor and look through their scrapbooks of when they were babies. So far I have been able to get around the question, "Mommy, how did I get IN your tummy?" Ohhhh Yiiiiii!!!!!!!
I scrapbooked Bill and I getting our tattoos. I want to do pages of the everyday things that we forget about because they are boring or become so well, everyday.
The whole reason to scrapbook is to preserve memories and everyday is a memory, even if it is boring or the same ritual day after day.
OOOH. Books! I'm going to do a page on my love of books. Next time I go to the library I'm going to take my camera and take pics of the boys!
I also took a picture of the Hope Chest that my great Opa made for my grandma when she was a young girl living in Holland. I'm going to write about the great story behind the Hope Chest. This hope chest is one really special chest. It's a wonderful amazing story. And I was lucky enough to get this Chest from her when they moved into their condo downtown.

I'm a sucker for anything that has memories attached to it. So, the boys both wore ( and still do) Robbies Leather Slippers. I love them. They are so cute and I can't fathom giving them away. So I'm going to put them in shadow boxes and hang them on the wall.I did it with my wedding dress veil and the tiara that I wore on my wedding day ( a beautiful silver and rhinestone tiara that my mom wore to her gr. 12 grad, if I remember the story correct)

So much to scrap!!!

No comments: