last night. Oh yup we did! Bill and I have an alarm that also has a carbon monoxide detector. Well, we have been having problems with the carbon monoxide detector all day yesterday. We were woken up on Saturday morning at about 3:30AM from the alarm company asking if we were alive pretty much, since the alarm was going off. We got it all worked out and went back to bed. Or so we tought.
Last night I was out with the girls until about 11:00 or 11:30pm. I came home and Bill told me he had been having problems again all night with it going off and on and he had been talking to the alarm company ALL night and was pretty much on a first name basis with "Bonnie." Anyhoo, around 12ish in the MORNING she says that now the alarm is saying there REALLY is a high level of carbon monoxide in the house. What should we do????? She tells us to open all the windows and get the kids up and make sure they are OK. Done. We bring them downstairs much to Nicks enormous displeasure that he vocalized on his way downstairs into the FREEZING living room. Once they were downstairs the alarm company said she was going to alert the fire station and send someone over because I told Bill to mention we have 2 small kids thinking it would kick it all into action.....and action we got.......with in 5 minutes we hear a fire truck, sirens BLARING.(For some reason we thought it wouldn't be a big production???) Bill and I look at each other and start laughing. We look out the bonus room window and see 2, not one but 2 fire trucks bouncing to our house with lights flashing, sirens O'blaring. Bill "greets" them at the door as 8 fire men come rushing into our house. Pretty sure it was 8, dressed in their best (and I must add say there were 3 that looked mighty fine) they asked all the questions. I tried to get some free mouth to mouth but they didn't fall for it. Kidding. They checked the house and there was no sign of anything, which we knew there wasn't. We told them about the whole situation with it not working properly and said we were sorry they were called out for literally NOTHING. They were great about it and told us it is better to be safe than sorry. I knew everything was fine when one of the hotty (no pun intended!!!) firemen commented on the baby pictures of the boys and how neat he thought hey were. They were all stunned that the boys were sleeping through all of it. With 8 firemen talking and beeps beeping. I told them how pissed Drew was going to be about being literally in the middle of all the action and missing it all. I woke Drew up a bit and I think he thought he was dreaming seeing all these men in the kitchen/ living room! Well they filled out a report and left.They aalso went hunting for coloring books for the boys but were all out.
By this time Bill and I are WIDE awake. I went to bed to read and Bill on the computer and I hear someone knocking on the door. I look at the time and it's about 1:30 AM. I look out the window and see ATCO.......they arrived to check everything out also......by 2:30AM I said screw this shit and popped a gravol so I would be able to sleep. Sleep I did!
Our house really NEVER has a boring moment. It really doesn't. Anyone who knows us knows SOMETHING always seems to happen here. I'm looking forward to have a bit of a boring next few days until the next big adventure happens and I KNOW it will......
Unpopular Opinion
10 years ago
3 comments:
...soooo ... did you figure out what was wrong with your alarm?
not that I'd mind hottie firemen coming to my house ...
but you know, the principal of the thing.
Not really. Some guy from the alarm company is going to look at it. I swear, this house NEVER has a boring moment!
how scary! glad it all worked out okay. i had a carbon monoxide detector in my portable classroom and it would malfunction whenever it got too cold...
Post a Comment