well, I bet yours didn't start like mine did! Our PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS boys are now in the habit of getting up at the crack of dawn, well, around 7AM, it's still early! One of us usually gets up with them if not both. When Bill is working I'm up as soon as one is up. The last little while we have been letting the boys watch cartoons in the bonus room till about 8. Bill usually leaves by then when he is working. Well, today was no different except........
Drew comes into the bedroom at about 8AM. Say's ever so casually, "Nick talked to a lady..."
No response from Bill or I. I see rew staring at me with this weird look on his face (with his mouth COVERED in chocolate by the way.)
"Mommy, did you hear me? Nicky used Daddy's phone and he talked to a lady."
"What did the lady say Bubba?" I asked him thinking he was playing, HUH!
Andrew looks around our room and looks out the window and answers "He told her you and daddy were sleeping, I don't know what she said. But then I talked to her and she said 911."
OH SHIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bill and I both sit up in bed and Bill grabs his phone, pushes redial YUP Nicky SOME HOW unlocked Bills phone that has 911 automatically set up on speed dial.
I look over at Bill and say something along the lines of us not having to worry because the boys told her we were sleeping THEN I think oh CRAPPPP, When some CHILD calls 911 and says their mommy and daddy are "sleeping" 911thinks we might be passed out from falling, or really injured or worse so Bill calls back right away and explained about his phone and how Nick was able to unlock it and call them. She actually laughed and said thank you for calling back and Bill apologized AGAIN and hung up. Well, OK we laugh it off and I go to take a shower and I hear Bill saying to the boys that they better start cleaning up their horrible mess before mommy sees it so I go into the bonus room were the 3 of them are and see chocolate pudding ALL over the rug, on the couch, all over the train table. NOW Drew's face makes sense! They went into the food closet, put their stool against the shelf and grabbed the box down and helped themselves to "breakfast" 2 each. I was about to give them shit and then I looked at Bill and could tell he was stifling a giggle and I realized that the whole morning was OUR fault not theirs, So we cleaned up the mess and explained about calling 911 when to do it and when not too. SUCH AS THIS MORNING! I looked at the clock and saw that it was 8:33am, crap, Drew's school starts at 9am. I don't have his snack ready, he's still in his PJ's and is COVERED in chocolate pudding and I still have to drive there. Well school was "cancelled" for today. I don't like him missing preschool and even if I'm running late he still goes. I think he missed school only 4 or 5 times last year and only because he was sick. Oh the days not done yet. I put on my wedding rings and realize that my diamond is really loose, loose enough to completely turn it around in it's setting so I take it off ( I always wear my rings and never leave the house without them. Bill bought me a beautiful, a little over a 1K diamond with smaller diamonds down the side when we got engaged) so off we go to our jeweler to get it fixed. Good thing we came by he said, I probably would have lost it. As we are talking Drew bellows out 'Daddy I have too poop so bad!" (because at age 4 1/2 he he doesn't remember the whole concept of "inside voice please.") this would be the time exit from the jewelers as the entire store giggles. Off to do a couple errands for Bill and then we head to Costco to buy a rug cleaner. Yes, we could always borrow one. My brother has one a friend has one but if you live in a household with 3 boys then you would understand my reasoning behind purchasing our own. We probably could have bought one with the amount of money that we have spent on carpet cleaner in the last year. I literally use it ever day, because of spilled food, markers YUP MARKERS! UMMM, pee and vomit oh and lets NOT forget the playdoh with food coloring and chocolate milk and Pepsi from Bill and hot sauce from BILL. So like I said, the day was going really good and Bill decides to buy the boys ice cream from Costco and let them eat it in the truck. Well Andrew ate his up fast but I looked back at Nick, who for once wasn't talking a mile a minute and see he is playing in his ice cream that is ALL OVER him and the truck, it was in his hair, all over his shirt and jeans. Bill adds the comment, "it's a good thing we bought the Bissel cleaner." the look of death I gave him made think twice about making another comment. We head home and as we turn the corner to our house Bill SCREAMS,
"Why is our door open!"
I give myself 4th degree whip lash and sure enough the door is WIIIIDE open.
"Did you leave the door open?"
In my head I'm thinking (as I picture myself ripping his face off) Ya YUP, I thought I would leave the door open. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?!? DID I LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN?
"Did you forget to lock it?" Bill asks me.
Well sunshine, looks like the wifey isn't perfect. I didn't even answer him.
We get the kids out. Nick is crying in the middle of the driveway because he's "icky" and I'm trying to get him in the house while he's trying to pull his pants off. Andrew comes running out.
"The toys are OK, no one took them!!"
Bill says the phone call from the guy delivering a package we were waiting for makes sense now. Bill didn't understand why the guy asked him if he wanted him to leave the package behind the front door. YA, BEHIND the front door that was wide open for anybody to walk into!
So that was our day. Literally NOT an exaggeration. But really it's not all that different than any other day. The boys keep me on my toes. It actually is funny. They were so loud today at one point that Bill had to tell them to not say a word, they talk NON STOP and it's so loud! Loud for no reason. Even when Drew is telling me a story it's so loud. I tell them time and again about once every 1/2 hr that they don't need to scream at each other or me. But they are cute and it's even cuter when Nicky's new thing to say is "Rock on dude." or "Mommy are you listening to me?"
I guess I can never say it's boring around here. Maybe tomorrow will be a "boring" day. Ya.....right. But I wouldn't have it any other way!
Unpopular Opinion
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment