Sunday, September 14, 2008

To Blog or To Not Blog That Was MY Question...

well, I guess you know the answer now. I'M A BLOGGER! I'm a avid scrapbooker and reader and a BUSY mom and really thought I wouldn't have time for this. I have been keeping a diary for each boy since I was 4 months pregnant with each of them. I tell them how I'm feeling about what is going on in my life, how much I love them, funny things they have done, days I want to put them out with the days trash. So the more I thought about starting up a blog the more I thought that a blog is a good idea because I can use it as an open diary for THEM. Although I told Bill that I would keep really personal feelings and thoughts for the hand written diaries that I keep for them each. I figure every couple of months I can print off the blog and stick it in a binder for the boys to read one day......but really, are 2 boys (men) REALLY going to want to read their mothers ranting and ravings when they hear it everyday? Maybe their wives will. Oh, the wives of my boys, THAT will be another posting. I can picture my poor dad sitting in his office opening up my blog, with one eye open peeking through his hands and sighing with relief when he notices that I'm NOT a blogger who will reveal EVERY aspect of my life. I promise! When I told my dad that I started a blog his response was, " I don't read blogs but I might read yours because you are my daughter." (with a smile) Hmmm, well, ok. If my own father doesn't read blogs why would anyone else. That's when I figured it really isn't about if anyone reads it, it's for my boys. (I know my dad will be the one who ends up checking it everyday!!!!)
I've been reading a lot of peoples blogs and boy some stuff people write. I blush reading them. I promise to not be one of "those" bloggers. But then some write these fantastic tales about their lives and they are so descriptive and beautiful. Ah, whatever. I'll just do my thing and hope that one day when the boys get older they will get a chuckle and roll their eyes. Or blush when I tell funny stories about them speaking of funny stories.... I took Drew with me the other day to do a couple things and we were in London Drugs ( LOVE London Drugs) we were walking past a Lady who reaaaaaaaaally wasn't all there and you could tell. Drew kept looking at her and she at Drew so I try to walk by quickly and Drew is pulling on my hand and just LOOKING at this lady. I'm thinking he is going to belt out something about the way she looks or ask why she walks funny but he gives me this strange look with his huge brown eyes,crinkled brow and says. "Mommy, how come that lady has whiskers ALL over her face only boys have whiskers right?" OHHH out of the mouths of babes....but I could have made some GOOOOOD money waxing that "lady." I guess it's right up there with Nick grabbing my boob in line at Save On Foods and saying "mommy's boobies!!" How do I end a posting after writing THAT!

No comments: